Monday, March 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies


These little babies are so delicious and super easy to make. The filling is fudgy and the cookie is soft and yummy. Give these a try, you'll be super happy you did. Please keep in mind that these are dangerous and can cause your thighs to grow. Use caution! Now lets get to the recipe.
I will double this recipe the next time I make these. It did not make enough!
Cookies
1 1/4 Cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup butter, softened
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Cup mini chocolate chips
Filling
1 Cup mini chocolate chips
1 Cup marshmallow creme
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
For the cookies:
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugar in medium mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla (mixture will be thin). Beat in flour mixture on low speed until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet (I tried to keep them all very uniform in size, you will need an even number of cookies) This recipe makes approx. 20 cookies.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until springy to the touch. Cool completely on baking sheet.
For the filling:
Microwave the chocolate chips on high for about 30 seconds. Stir till completely melted. Stir in the marshmallow cream and the butter till smooth. Put filling into a resealable bag and snip one corner. Squeeze about a tablespoon of filling onto the flat side of one cookie, top with second cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Enjoy!


I had to include this picture of my cookies on my Silpat. The best thing you can buy for yourself, trust me! Nothing sticks to these things!



3 comments:

  1. YAY! I would have never thought to make these kinds of whoopie pies!! I am excited to try these ones now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I can tell you...since she always brings me the goods after a baking frenzy they are delicious! I am so lucky to be her partner in crime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! My kids would go crazy for them :)

    ReplyDelete