Sunday, July 25, 2010

Little Things.

I woke up at 4AM on Friday morning in Fargo, North Dakota. I was there for a work conference thing. Although it was an informative 3 days, I found myself missing my family. I threw on the clothes I'd laid out the night before, grabbed my huge suitcase and darted for the hotel elevator to get on the shuttle to the airport. I was going home! Below are the things I missed the most (not in any specific order).
Craig
Nikki
the grandkids
Tyler
Scott
Mike
Becca
Tammy
Devon
Jaimie
the grandkids
Craig
Click on pictures to enlarge

I couldn't sleep last night. I was so tired and maybe a bit stressed, I couldn't turn my brain off. Then Craig laid down beside me, I rolled over to put my arm across his chest and in an instant I felt safe and comfortable. As corny as it may sound, I was overwhelmed with gratitude. I am so thankful to have that man in my life. He turned 50 recently!

Happy Birthday Craig!

1 comment:

  1. huge HUGE thing to be able to feel that secure and safe. Not corny at all! I feel the same way. 50 is big deal...every day is a big deal. Yeah...we are blessed. So glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete