Friday, September 30, 2016

SAY SORRY LIKE YOU MEAN IT!


SAY SORRY LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

Ha ha...how many times did I hear this as a child?  My Mom would say, "say it like you mean it"  I followed her example and said that to my kids and now I wonder if they say that to their kids.  Nothing is worse that a forced and insincere apology.  I found some great advice online. 

"Apologize when you've made a mistake. If you want your family or friends to trust you, then you can't act like you're flawless. If you know you've made a mistake, own up to it instead of being in denial. Though your family or friends won't be happy that you made a mistake, they'll be very pleased that you're mature and grounded enough to admit it instead of just pretending that nothing is wrong, or worse -- blaming it on someone else.

When you say sorry, you should mean it. Let your friends hear the sincerity in your voice instead of thinking that you don't really care how they feel."

- Words to live by -

Below is some spiritual enlightenment for your weekend.  

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/i-will-bring-the-light-of-the-gospel-into-my-home?lang=eng


Last week I got a visit from these two and their Dad, Mike. They came for my sister, Debbie's, funeral. Their big smiles make difficult times easier to bare. They have each grown at least a foot (little exaggeration) in the few months it's been since our last visit.  I love those big brown eyes!



No comments:

Post a Comment