Saturday, February 20, 2010

Okay, I'm admitting it, I make my own hamburger buns. Does that mean I'm weird?
......I JUST LOVE TO BAKE!

I didn't know this about myself until recently. I guess you could say, it's like a hobby. I've discovered a reason to get out of bed on a rainy Saturday morning. I was actually excited to realize it was only 7:30 A.M. as I rolled over in bed to look at the clock this morning. I laid awake for a while, staring at the ceiling, imagining what I could mix together and pop in the oven. Cookies are always a good idea, especially if chocolate is involved. I've always wanted to add recipes to my blog. So today's baked piece of heaven will be the first recipe posted here.


As soon as I had made that most important decision, my hubby invited me to go get a "Coke" with him. At our house going to go get a "Coke" means lets go to the local convenience store and buy a drink, any kind of drink will do. "Coke" doesn't mean "Coke", it means anything from water to a soda or a Slurpee. I got ready for the day and out the door we went to get our "Cokes". I always enjoy these little mini dates with my hubby. He drives us in his truck while I relax and look out the window. We have alone time to talk and catch up. We had a couple of stops to make, one was a drugstore, Wal-Greens. As I walked through the door, that is when I first saw them. There they were sitting so peacefully, looking so beautiful in their silver and blue packaging. They were made to become the main attraction, that special ingredient in my cookies. It was destiny. I picked up a bag and purchased them, it was like an out of body experience. Oh, the goodness! Who thinks of this stuff? Please, let me know, I'd like to kiss their feet and clean their toilets for a week (well, maybe that's a stretch).


I decided to use these instead of chocolate chips. They are the same size and texture of M&M's. I used the recipe below, they turned out yummy, give them a try, you won't be sorry.


1Cup Butter

1 Cup Brown Sugar

1/2 Cup White Sugar

2 Eggs

1 teaspoon Vanilla

2 1/2 Cups Flour

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

1/2 teaspoon Salt

One bag of York Pieces

Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients and slowly pour into butter mixture. Add about 3/4 of the bag of York pieces. Mix well. Use a cookie scoop if you have one, or just use a teaspoon to drop them onto a cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. These are so delicious.....trust me!

You must give them a try!

It's always nice to have some helpers to clean up!

1 comment:

  1. ok I am hungry now for a cookie! Bob and I ate that whole plate last time you brought me some oatmeal cookies! But...where are the buns? I want to see a pic of the buns you made and how you made them! I don't believe you....nope don't believe you!

    ReplyDelete