Wednesday, August 24, 2016

THE SCIENTIST


Years ago my son Scott mentioned that whenever my Grandson, Tanner, would get cranky in the car they would turn Coldplay on and it would soothe him.  This was when Tanner was a baby.  He’s not a baby anymore, he’s turning twelve years old in exactly thirteen days. 
When Tanner was about five years old, he was sitting at the kitchen counter visiting me while I made cookies.  This is something I’ve enjoyed about my Grandkids.  They all seem to congregate at the kitchen counter and watch me cook.  We were listening to my Pandora station and the song, The Scientist, by Coldplay came on and Tanner joined in the chorus in perfect pitch.  I tried not to bring attention to his singing for fear he get embarrassed and stop.  

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh, take me back to the start”


Whenever I hear that song it takes me back to that day.  I miss that adorable little boy with the big blue eyes and that huge smile.  He’s grown smart, tall and handsome.  He made me a Grandma for the first time. I’m so proud of you Tanner. I love you to the Moon and Back!  Three hand squeezes and three horn honks...(our secret code).




No comments:

Post a Comment