Wednesday, June 29, 2016

BROWNIES FOR DAVID





I have two Son In-laws.  I truly love them both.  They each have their unique qualities that have enriched our family.  This post is about David, he is married to my youngest, my caboose, my sweet and incredibly lovely daughter Nicole. 

David fits in.  He did from the first time Nikki brought him to meet us.  I am thankful for him and appreciate the way he loves and treats my daughter. 

I’ve been thinking about Nikki and David a lot lately.  Nikki is pregnant and on Sunday I received a text from David saying that Nikki was in the hospital having contractions.  Getting another Grand baby is beyond exciting!  It was a false alarm though and they were sent home. 

I spent the rest of the day feeling very blessed to have David there for my daughter.  He’s going to be a wonderful father.  I was feeling so blessed that I made his favorite brownies.  These brownies are something I try to make whenever David is around.  (which is NOT often enough)  

They are so easy to throw together and I usually have everything I need in my pantry.  I thought I would share the recipe here, maybe David can make some soon.  I didn't take a picture of mine so I found a picture of brownies from the internet.  Yes, mine looked that good, even the perfect frosting.....ha!  Enjoy!  



David's Brownies -

Batter
1 C melted butter
1/2 C cocoa powder
2 C flour
2 C sugar
4 eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla

Frosting
1/4 C soft butter
1/4 C milk
1/4 C cocoa powder
3 C powdered sugar
Mix everything together

Mix the melted butter and the cocoa.  Mix in the flour and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together but be careful, DO NOT overmix.

Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick come out clean.

Spread the frosting on the warm brownies and let cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment