Wednesday, June 22, 2016

HAPPY 37 TO US



Crazy kids!

Today is my Anniversary!  I've been married to my best friend for 37 years.  We dated in high school so we've been together for 39 years.  As long as I can remember he has been there, since we were very young as we went to the same church. He was a year younger than me.  I didn't notice him at all, until I needed him. I needed a partner. The youth of our church preformed a huge dance production called The Dance Festival held at the Rose Bowl.  I didn't really want to participate but thankfully my adult leaders encouraged me and assigned me a partner. My partner, just like his, never came to practice.  One Saturday I saw him standing there without a partner and being in the same situation I asked him to be mine.  At that moment, I never in a million years, thought I would still be his dance partner.  

He was a bleached blonde, long haired surfer dude when we started dating.  He was the most layed back, carefree, fun, forgiving, amazing person I'd ever dated. I decided he was the one for me on a date to Disneyland. I was the first one to say, I love you. His reply wasn't what I expected but I won't go there, hey we were young, stupid and trying to be "cool".

He loved to say, "It's cool" to everything. He drove a loud car. That time he drove away from my house burning rubber didn't help my parents like him much but it brings a good chuckle now.  

We've experienced many highs and lows in this 37 years of marriage. The highs are what has made the memories while the lows have taught us tolerance, patience and made us strong while cementing our feet in the same stop.

Thanks for taking this journey with me Craig.  Looking forward to eternity where our load will be lighter and the view will be more clear!




No comments:

Post a Comment